I don’t ask for much from a business that I patronize. Treat me fairly and professionally. So, here’s how you lost my business:
- You changed your business hours to something most working people would find hard to accommodate.
- When I showed up during your business hours, you had a sign on the door saying you would be back in 15 minutes.
- You weren’t.
- When you did show up, you helped me find the product I was looking for, but then told me you were out of it.
There is an expectancy from the public to the service industry to show consistency and quality.
- Consider that the restaurants you patronize week in and week out are the ones that have consistently good food and service.
- The barber or hair stylist that you are loyal to always give you the result you wanted.
- The employer that you feel loyal to is the one that is consistently fair and appreciative of your work.
- The grocery store that you favor is the one that always has what you are looking for at a price you are expecting.
- The Realtor you use consistently gives you their full attention and represents you well.
Customers only want the service that they have a right to expect. Don’t give them a reason to find someone else who will pay attention.